Sunday 19 October 2008

Amusing Football Quotes

I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break a habit of a lifetime for that prat.---Ron Atkinson

England have the best fans in the world and Scotland's are also second to none.---Kevin Keegan

My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about seven.---David Beckham

After the match an official asked for two players to take a dope test. I offered the ref.---Tommy Docherty

A real Irish football fan is one who knows the nationality of every player on the Republic of Ireland team.---Jack Charlton

Southampton have beaten Brighton 3-1. That's a repeat of last year's result when Southampton won 5-1.---Des Lynam

One year I played for 15 months.---Franz Beckenbauer

We must have had 99% of the game. It was the other 3% that cost us the match.---Ruud Gullitt

The first 90 minutes of a match are most important.---Bobby Robson

It's not fair to say Lee Bowyer's a racist. He'd stamp on anyone's head.---Rodney Marsh

As with every young player he's only eighteen.---Alex Ferguson

As a boy I was torn between being a footballer and joining a circus. At Partick Thistle I did both.---Alan Hansen

If Everton were playing in my back garden I'd draw the curtains.---Bill Shankly

Alan Shearer is so dull he once made the papers for having a one in a bed romp.---Nick Hancock

No comments: